Saturday, November 15, 2014

Mountain Biking through Castlereagh Nature Reserve

Last weekend I took "Pinky", my mountain bike, for it's maiden voyage through Castlereagh Nature Reserve.
Pinkie


The park was established in 1995 and covers an area of 490 hectares. There's a nice flat loop around the park (approx. 5km) with plenty of side shoots to explore. 
Castlereagh Nature Reserve


It's been years since I last visited the nature reserve and I recall seeing plenty of wildlife there such as wallabies, lizards and a smorgasbord of birds. It seems that bird watching is still pretty popular in the park as I spotted two people with binoculars admiring the wildlife.

I stumbled across this huge goanna, it was well over 1 meter.
That's not a lizard, this is a lizard.

The park is flat and well suited for people who are new to mountain biking or finding their MTB legs after spending years on a road bike or touring bike (as I have).


Nice and flat, most of the park is this way.

Side trips can be rewarding

Basking in the Spring Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment